Wisdom Of Crowd
An Artificial Intelligence powered real time multilingual team voting application built with Atlassian's connect framework.
View the demo »
Table of Contents
- About the Project
- How it works ?
- Question Types
- More about the libraries used
- Built With
About The Project
An AI powered realtime team voting app to make better decisions. The first distinct quality that separates us from other similar platforms is the customisability/flexibility that we offer. The exhaustive coverage of the various forms of discussion encompassed in a single multilingual group chat platform, to ensure a comprehensive exchange of ideas and conveying of ideas.This completely changes the way remote teams work.
The inspiration of this came to us while pitching an idea to a group of friends, who all had their opinion regarding it, so we decided why not create something which enables us to easily take a note of each other's opinion and analyse it efficiently to move forward with the idea/project and give a direction to it. It can be efficiently used for effective decision.
What separates us from the other similar chat platforms?
The first distinct quality that separates us from other similar platforms was the customizability/flexibility that we offer. The exhaustive coverage of the various forms of discussion encompassed in a single group chat platform, to ensure a comprehensive exchange of ideas and conveying of ideas is something that this idea has brought forward.
- Real time voting
- 7 types of questions
- Real time language translation in 11 languages
- BarCharts and PieCharts for each question
- A dynamically generated PDF report
How it works ?
The app allows you to take an opinion on your idea by asking questions about the same to your fellow team members, the results are displayed instantly in the form of bargraphs and piecharts along with a Pdf report of all the details about the questions asked. Our app also provides real time language translation options using AI, so that you friends can give an opinion in their own language, this in turn helps you to take a better approach to give a direction to your idea.
Types of Questions For Direct Decision Making
Various question types to choose from are are -
- Wisdom Of Crowd -In wisdom of crowd round a question is put up, everybody gives their answers and then all the answers are collected.Then we have a voting round, now what happens in a voting round is basically everybody chooses from each others answers, so you pick the answer that you feel best solves the problem and wait for others to choose their answers, once everyone is done we show how many times each answer was chosen so that we get to the best solution for the problem at hand.
- Yes Or No - This type of question allows you to choose from either the yes or no options. These are as simple as the name suggests.
- Rating - This type of question allows you to rate something .Think Amazon Reviews. For example, "How was the food yesterday, rate it from 1 to 5"
- Multiple Choice - This type of question allows you to choose any one option from the options provided. This is suitable for answers which have less than 4 options
- Dropdown - This type of question allows you to choose an option from a number of options provided in a dropdown menu, it is kind of similar to multiple choice. You choose this type of question when the number of options is more than 4.
- Checkboxes - This type of question allows you to choose any number of options from the options provided. You can select all those answers which you find appropriate .
- Ranking - This type of question allows you to drag and arrange the options in a particular order you want to rank them. For example, you could ask team members to rank possible modes of communication.
More About The Libraries Used
Amazon Translate is a neural machine translation service that provides fast, high-quality language translation. Neural machine translation is a form of language translation automation that uses deep learning models to deliver accurate translate. We use translate in 3 ways:-
C'est tres mauvais, in French is converted to It is very bad
- Integrate a chat bot to do all of this process hands free.
- Make the app ui more interactive
- Make a mobile app depicting the same
- Test our app with a company
Sarthak Arora - firstname.lastname@example.org
Varun Ramnani - email@example.com
Akshit Suri - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaibhav Garg - email@example.com
How I built it
This app was built using Atlaskit UI, MongoDB, React, Redux, Express, Node and Redis Streams and Data Structures, Aws Translate and S3.
Atlaskit Ui: This is used to design the ui components in React to make the App more attractive and visually impressive.
MongoDB: This is used to store user info, and questions in the game, addtionally it stores data about the previous games
Node: NodeJS works as backend of the application the players communicate to the Redis streams by the means of POST Requests.
Aws Translate: This is used for real time language translation, thus allowing user for cross language communication.
Aws S3: This is used for data accessibility and storage, for images and pdfs generated in this.
Challenges I ran into
While using Atlaskit ui components, then there was the challenge of using AWS translate and S3 bucket along with some challenges with redis streams.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
We were able to make a decent enough App which can be efficiently used by various companies as a solution to team voting and for instant accessibility of data as well as solving the problem of cross-language communication.
What I learned
- Using typescript efficiently
- Using Atlaskit ui properly
- Implementing Model-View-Controller pattern in backend
- Using JWT authentication in NodeJs
- Setting MongoDB Atlas
- Defining Complex Schema's in MongoDb
- How to setup a full stack application using the MERN stack
- How to set up a connect app
- Setting up Redis on our machines
- Using Redis Streams
- Using Lists in Redis
- Using AWS, that is S3 bucket and Translate.
What's next for Wisdom of Crowd
- Integrate a chatbot to do all of this process hands free.
- Make the ui more interactive