I wanted to utilize augmented reality for a typical game that's intuitive and easy to familiarize with. It made me think about the potential that augmented reality had in the next generation of gaming.
What it does
It utilizes the desktop webcam and displays the game on a specific surface, which is used for the operation of the entire game.
How I built it
I used Unity and Vuforia to build the game, along with added scripts to handle level changes and border cases that occur throughout the game.
Challenges I ran into
I had trouble trying to display the game at first, mostly because I used the wrong settings. I also ran into trouble trying to change between scenes since scripts would run simultaneously.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I'm proud that I was able to not only make a game that I have been dreaming of for a long time, but that I was also able to incorporate a story inside that game while using the maze game as a metaphoric setup.
What I learned
I learned how to incorporate basic Unity scripts into an environment that heavily uses built-in Vuforia scripts.
What's next for 3D Story Maze Game
I want to be able to add a menu, music, and a much improved UI to make the game feel more professional. I will most likely continue to work on this same game after the hackathon and hopefully, be able to make an app out of it.