- Creativity behind the Bixi project.
- Dataset available on the DonnéesQuébec portal
- Past travelling experiences we had
What it does
Allows users to find the nearest Bixi station and choose from a list of journeys available. Each journey contains a list of activities, places or events around Bixi stations. Users can then choose a journey based on their interests.
How we built it
We started by defining an extensive feature set that represented our vision of the ideal product. We isolated the core MVP features that we would have time to polish considering the tight deadline. We then split the tasks between the team members based on their interests.
Challenges we ran into
- Choosing an interesting subject for the Hackathon
- Find a useful second dataset from DonnéesQuebec
- Having to deal with complex geolocation database queries
- Manage the differences in lat/long standards
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- Isolate a small feature set for an MVP
- Polished features
- Well prepared pitch
What's next for Quest
- Expand to multiple modes of transportation
- Support multiple cities
- Explore monetization opportunities (e.g. sponsored journeys)