We are Cervelio, an international and skillful team from Canada, US, Italy and Finland, here to challenge the concept of what a bus stop can be. Our team is developed as a result of winning European Innovation Academy in July 2016 with a startup idea (Cervelio). Ever since, we have worked together to overcome numerous challenges. We were recently joined by an additional team member for the sake of Junction 2016. We are passionate about finding new and creative ways to make human and technology interaction more natural. We have challenged Emotion AI, Bio Sensing, and now AR.
What it does
We are creating an interactive, comfortable and entertaining space within the familiar environment of a bus stop. We are bringing convenience, timeliness and relevance to the user experience at the bus stop. Our plan to utilize HoloLens technology in implementation of our vision.
With our demo we will cover the following features:
- Community feel
- Bus route
- News & entertainment
- Purchasing on the go
How I built it
We courageously took on the challenge to work with the HoloLens. We also implemented Unity, Visual Studio to achieve our final goal.
Challenges I ran into
- Field of view
- Spent considerable amount of time attempting to utilize Google Tango
- Had to learn Unity and C# as a team
- Had to learn to interact with HoloLens
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Team dynamic and cohesiveness
- Ability to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Expanded learning for each member of the team
What I learned
- HoloLens interaction and programing
- Implementation of Google Tango, Leap Motion, etc.
What's next for "YOUR PROJECT"
Further research in improving the human interaction experience while taking a closer look at monetization strategies