Following up after job interviews & career fairs isn't just a good idea — it's a requirement! So watch this episode and we'll tell you everything you need to know to do it right.
Too busy to watch? Here's what you need to know:
- After a career fair or interview, you have 24 hours to follow up.
- Unless expressly told, don't call. Always follow up by email.
- Try to create a connection, remind the person about yourself.
- Look for contacts at a company when you apply.
- Apply via the company's Applicant Tracking System, but try to establish contact with someone at the company in parallel - so you have an avenue to follow up / ask questions.
- Be polite!