- Ever wanted to decide where to eat? Or the professor you should take for that class next semester? Ask the world or your friends with simpoll!
- simpoll is a simple polling app to get simple answers to your simple questions.
- "Chipotle or Moes?"
- "Should I get a macbook pro or a surfacebook?"
- "What movie should I see? The Martian or Spectre?"
- "I'm a freshman, what should I major in? Comp Sci or English"?
- "Is node.js the only real dev language?"
Share a poll with just your friends, or get votes from the public feed to answer your question!
Technologies / Specifics
- We built a representational state transfer (REST) API for our iOS mobile application and a small sharing web page
- The REST API is written in Flask, a python framework and in MongoDB, a NoSQL database
- All running on a Microsoft Azure virtual machine!
- Allows one to share polls across the world to gather collective knowledge
- API allows one to get top 100 posts by chronology or by top score
- We also wrote a small a small website that allows users to dynamically share their questions with other users that are not using the app
- The iOS app is written in Swift 2.0