Roometheus, named after Prometheus, the Greek mythology figure who stole fire for mankind, is a web dashboard for roommates. The inspiration comes from wants we've experienced in real life for communicating with roommates. This challenge is for the CoStar - Best Hack for Group Living in 2020. Also the best domain challenge! https://roometheus.com
What it does
It's a web dashboard for roommates. It has three main features:
- Draw together in real time.
- Leave notes, works of art, reminders.
- List stuff you need to buy, cross off and remove stuff once it's been bought.
- Embedded Google calendar.
- Share class schedules, when you'll be out of the apartment, when people are visiting, etc.
How I built it
https://github.com/MicahParks/roometheus We used Vue.js, Caddy, Docker, docker-compose, Google Calendar, and a few open source projects.
Challenges I ran into
Team members didn't know Vue.js or feature creep caused.
What I learned
A lot about frontend frameworks like Vue.js.
What's next for roometheus
More features! Like rent sharing with Venmo or Zelle integration.