Dashboard team name
- Steven Lao
- Stephanie Tong
Genetec Challenge: build an application that will take pictures of a car's license plate, read the label and send the information to an endpoint.
Genetec provides a URL that guides the developer on how to build the application using a step-by-step method. If you provide the right answer, the next objective will be unlocked and you will need to solve a new challenge.
What it does
Objectives completed: 4 out of 5 The code is able to do the following:
- Receive a collection of license plates.
- Send license plates that are part of the wanted list.
- Store the image of wanted licenses in the database.
- Implement fuzzy matching on license pictures for better analysis.
- [WIP] Send the image from the database to Azure's Cognitive Service as a second layer of analysis.
How we built it
The code is separated into three different parts:
- Python / Flask
Challenges we ran into
- Learning on how to use the Azure Event Bus
- Familiarizing with Azure's API
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Having to experiment openly with paid features of Azure and Azure Cognitive Services. We even get sidetracked from the project for experimenting with things that weren't part of the objective.
- Participating and having fun coding with a friend from a different university.
What we learned
Python Flask Azure API
What's next for Platecognizer
Frontend interface for mobile users.