What is does
A device and web app that lets you pair photo albums with smart cards to then play in an animated photo gallery.
How we built it
- Next.js frontend to pair RFID cards to an album
- React frontend on the RaspberryPi to animate through the photo gallery
- Python logic to read/write RFID module changes
- Firebase and Google API for storage and access to user photos
Challenges we ran into
- Proprietary NFC management with certain companies
- 3d printing limitations
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- A complete RFID scanning system without a server
- A working demo
What we learned
- Working with NFCs is hard and requires a lot of research.