lmagine a single house for rent was marketed by thousands of people - it should find an owner pretty quickly.
What it does
This is an mvp created over a span of less than a week, the features are barebones but functional:
- Allows a typical internet user earn passive income by sharing property links via social media.
- Allows a real estate agent post property that can be shared/marketed.
- Allows an interested prospective property owner contact the real estate agent.
The goal of this mvp is to answer the following questions:
- Is the typical nigerian netizen, fueled with the incentive of a commission willing to continously post properties on twitter, facebook, instagram or whatsApp ?
- Do real estate agents find it difficult to find prospective property owners, are they interested in third party marketers ?
How I built it
I used nextJs a react framework that gives react isomorphic rendering. Server-side rendering is absolutely necessary for seo friendly websites.
The frontend is hosted on zeit which provides serverless static hosting - so it's scalable from 10 to 10 million users effortlessly.
The backend api is a graphql endpoint implemented with apollo-server, mongodb is used as the database. All these are hosted on linode in a docker container. Twilio is used to send sms to users.
Challenges I ran into
Downsizing the feature list was against my perfectionist nature but i prevailed
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Built something in less than a week.
What I learned
Build small, expand later is a great software development ideology.
What's next for Zanga