We strive to be conscious consumers and wanted to make it easier for others to do the same.
What it does
GreenGrocer helps users reduce their negative environmental impacts by analyzing their receipts and making them aware of the ecological impact of their groceries.
How we built it
The GreenGrocer website is hosted on Wix which communicates with our backend and Azure via REST endpoints. After a user uploads a photo of their receipt, GreenGrocer utilizes Azure's Computer Vision service to perform image to text analysis of receipts. This text is then matched to a database to look for high impact keywords. Information is retrieved and displayed to the user to help them make more informed decisions based on their purchases.
Challenges we ran into
- No prior Wix experience
- Trying to create custom function on Azure in Python
- Dependency management
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Created a project that helps address a pressing issue
- Challenged our technical skills by working with new technologies
What we learned
- How to utilize Wix code to create a website
- Learned about Azure services and how to use them including the computer vision API
What's next for GreenGrocer
- Expand database of suggestions and facts to include more products
- Integrate location services to find best produce based on area
- Create rewards system to support eco friendly purchases