Fire up your rocket ship, swing it around stars and land on other planets. Real 2d physics almost included.
Play here: http://zhaop.me/grav/
Feel free to fork this project and try things on it.
How to play
You're in a rocket in space.
- Rocket always looks at mouse.
- Left-click to fire engines, right-click to fire retro-engines (weaker).
- Explore around, don't crash, don't fly near suns!
- Spaceports refuel and repair your ship.
(Find the big ginormous sun! All the way north.)
- Your ship keeps moving about just as fast, since there's no friction in space.
- To slow down when in space, fire against the direction you're travelling.
- Try using planets and stars to change your direction. Fuel is limited.
- The atmosphere also slows you down.
- Don't go too fast.
What is this
Also, my first try at making something with the Entity-Component-System pattern.
What could come next
- Level editor
- Cleaner code
- Nicer graphics
- Space stations
- Docking manoeuvers
- Satellites, telescopes
- Breaking stuff into pieces
- Crashing into broken pieces
- Moons actually orbit their planets
- Planets actually orbit their suns, gravitational slingshots