Fasaan : ReExploring Agriculture and Nature
🌿 About Fasaan
Agriculture is very significant in India's economy and jobs. Farmers' most prevalent problem is that they are unable to make informed decisions on which crops are supported in their areas, as well as market and profit prices. As a result, they have lower productivity and profit margins. The goal of this study is to propose an attempt to estimate agricultural output and price using machine learning, which will aid in crop selection based on soil type and meteorological conditions.
Farmers do not have a single point of contact for all of their needs, including crop, market price, soil type, government programs, and the latest news. To make this easier for farmers, a portal based on machine learning is being developed.
👨🏻💻 About the Project
Several studies were undertaken recently in India, including the one on DFI, have brought out the problems afflicting the agriculture sector.
The recommendations of these studies include, inter alia, ensuring timely availability of inputs, an increased focus on measures to enhance the productivity - especially of small and marginal farms, adoption of modern agricultural practices, optimal use of inputs, choice of the right crops through macro and micro-level planning. FASAAN comes from the Hindi terms "Fasal" and "Kisaan," which mean "crops" and "farmers," respectively. As the name says, we work as a farmer's companion. Farmers play a critical role in both meeting our basic food needs and altering the agricultural environment. Farmers manage agricultural practices to maintain the long-term survival of the entire flora and fauna.
Agriculture presently occupies one-third of the world's land surface. For a big majority of the world's population, it is the most essential activity since it produces food for people all over the world.
The features include:
- Gain Insights - Centralized source of truth for farmers to gain insights into their land. Our software allows farmers to optimally plan farm layouts and maximize efficiency and revenue.
- Plan Out Field - The user is able to indicate plots of land where they want to plant and indicate the crop they want to plant there. Based on real-time data about air quality, soil and weather conditions,
- Real Time Analysis with Environment Impact - Fasaan will determine how suitable a particular area is for planting a particular crop, and provide a general estimation on the expected value of a plot.
- Environment Degradation - Fasaan would determine a Fasaan Score that would determine the degradation the particular farm field is creating because of the crops and irrigation sources
- AI Based Help - Fasaan is AI based solution which makes it the best platform to suggest farmers crops and also given them suggestions about not-so-good combinations and crop rotation techniques
- Crop Yield and Estimation - Fasaan will help ypu detrermine the growth of your formed field in the platform - how well it performs in all the 4 seasons. This would help the farmers know about the estimated cost anf fundings to be taken beforehand.
📦 Project Information
📑 Instructions for Cloning this Repository Locally
- Use the command:
git clone https://github.com/hariketsheth/Fasaan
yarnseparately in root directory, frontend, backend and analysis directory
npm startto start the project on local server
🙆🏻 Instructions to contribute
To contribute fork this repository and clone it. Make changes and create a pull request. Follow the step below to contribute.
Add your email and user name in git bash
$ git config --global user.name "YOUR NAME"
$ git config --global user.email "YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS"
Fork the repo
On the upper right you can see a option to fork the repository. Fork it to make changes.
Clone the project
Use the below command to clone the repo into your local system.
$ git clone https://hariketsheth/Fasaan.git
Add upstream to repository
$ cd <your-forked-project-folder>
$ git remote add upstream https://github.com/hariketsheth/Fasaan.git
$ git checkout main
$ git fetch upstream
$ git merge upstream/main
$ git push origin main
Creating branch for the new change on feature or bug fix
$ git checkout -b <feature-branch>
$ git add --all
$ git commit -m "<commit message>"
Creating pull request
$ git push origin main