Healing takes time and asking for help is a courageous step. Many people around us need counselling but because of the social stigma attached to it, never meet a therapist. And in times like the pandemic where people are more lonely than ever, these issues arise even more. So, we decided to create a webapp where people can find the help they need without being hesitant.
What it does
- Our project is a web-based application aimed at helping people with all their counselling needs.
How we built it
- We used Figma to create a simple wireframe of the website.
- We built our website using the “MERN” Stack.
- We collaborated via GitHub.
Challenges we ran into
- As 2 members of our team are beginners and none of us had a lot of experience with React, Node and firebase, taking up this project was pretty challenging.
- One of the biggest challenges was collaborating two people on one project. However, we were able to divide up tasks. We hung out on Google Meet to talk about any problems we ran into and shared our thoughts and random ideas as well.
- We ran into several issues while coding and pushing code to repositories, which we solved which each others' as well as mentors' help.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We are proud that we were able to develop a full-stack app with most of the functionality we had planned on achieving and had the greatest fun while trying to come up with solutions to the issues we ran into!
What we learned
- We also learned about the importance of time-management, other people’s ideas and collaboration since we're from different places and the hackathon was virtual.
What's next for Just Talk
- We will be adding voice journals for documenting users emotions.
- There will be tie ups with various counsellors so that people who opt for in-person meetings can have a seamless experience through our app wherein we will be providing various services from booking appointments to maintaining past records of the user.