What's next for The Cy-Woods App
Since my graduation from CWHS, I no longer maintain this project and have since passed the project down to 4 younger students. They plan to continue maintaining the project for the upcoming school years and develop an Android version as well.
Through different versions, this application has served as the official Cypress Woods High School mobile application for the 2016-2017 and the 2017-2018 school years.
The front-end mobile app, written in Objective-C and Swift, was available on the iOS App Store.
The backend server, written in Java, runs on Google App Engine. The server uses RESTful API to receive and parse data from the school's grades access system and sends that data to the mobile app.
The Cy-Woods App allows students and parents to stay informed on the latest news, grades, and schedules.
- Stay up to date with what's going on at the Woods! Receive notifications about upcoming events and announcements.
- Keep track of your academics and attendance with detailed information and analytics on your current grades and receive optional notifications when new ones arrive. Parents can add multiple students to keep track of all of their grades.
- Access the bell schedules for each lunch to see when the next class is.
- View athletics scores and schedules to see when and where the next game is.
- View teachers' webpages for emails, uploaded files, or any other class information.
- Customize with themes, including dark mode.
- And many more features in the app!