We walked into this hackathon thinking we were going to make some sort of image processing project. We sorta stayed true to this idea by creating a Rubik's cube solver. We were inspired to create a Rubik's cube solver because the Pariveda Solutions sponsor gave us both Rubik's cubes that we then proceeded to break in an attempt to solve them :( . We ran to Target to buy a new Rubik's cube for $10! So now we are in the hole and don't even have a working project.
What it does
Our project attempts to solve a Rubik's cube for the user by analyzing images of each face of the cube and spitting out the steps required to solve it.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Image processing to detect colors is harder than expected.
- Rotating 3-dimensional arrays is hard.
- Literally didn't start programming until 6:00 PM ...
- Inability to physically solve a Rubik's cube.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We were able detect color reasonably well and properly represent a Rubik's cube that can be manipulated in an unnecessary amount of ways.
What we learned
We learned how to detect colors from images.
What's next for Cubit!
- 3D represtation of the cube for the user to see.
- Actually provide a solution for the Rubik's cube.
- Simpify the solution.
- Fix webpage formatting.