Our Inspiration

We walked into this hackathon thinking we were going to make some sort of image processing project. We sorta stayed true to this idea by creating a Rubik's cube solver. We were inspired to create a Rubik's cube solver because the Pariveda Solutions sponsor gave us both Rubik's cubes that we then proceeded to break in an attempt to solve them :( . We ran to Target to buy a new Rubik's cube for $10! So now we are in the hole and don't even have a working project.

What it does

Our project attempts to solve a Rubik's cube for the user by analyzing images of each face of the cube and spitting out the steps required to solve it.

How we built it

We built this project using Javascript and the p5.js library.

Challenges we ran into

  1. Image processing to detect colors is harder than expected.
  2. Rotating 3-dimensional arrays is hard.
  3. Literally didn't start programming until 6:00 PM ...
  4. Inability to physically solve a Rubik's cube.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We were able detect color reasonably well and properly represent a Rubik's cube that can be manipulated in an unnecessary amount of ways.

What we learned

We learned how to detect colors from images.

What's next for Cubit!

  1. 3D represtation of the cube for the user to see.
  2. Actually provide a solution for the Rubik's cube.
  3. Simpify the solution.
  4. Fix webpage formatting.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates