- Sometimes my friends recommend a service on social network by sharing a referral coupon code or a special referral hyperlink. I might not need that service at that moment. However, I might need that service in the future.
- As a recommender, he/she will get rewards from service provider. Take me as an example, I sometimes share a coupon code on my network, the conversion rate ….. Anyway, I get little return.
What it does
A personal coupon wallet automatically collecting coupons shared by your friends, groups or the following KOLs.
How I built it
I build a dashboard to manage the coupons I clipped. Also, I develop a chrome extension to detect the latent coupon content on Facebook timeline so that the user could manually add the coupon into his/her coupon wallet.
Challenges I ran into
- Detect the latent promotion content on social media.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- A new way to re-activate my social network.(Thanks to all especially those are sharing good service on their own timeline.)
- Coupon's Network could expand the lifecycle of a coupon.
- As a background engineer, I managed to develop the chrome extension in a single day.
What I learned
- Good friends share good things!
- Users get more rewards when they complete the referral processes.
- The service providers are able to get more new leads with good word-of-mouth.
- The service providers may also offer some free trials through this workflow.
- The service providers might evaluate their consumers’ value by considering referral records.
What's next for Coupon's Network
- Now only fan page can publish offer. We hope to add an offer post type for general users.
- Integrate NLP technology to precisely recognize coupons.
- If there is an open graph format for coupon, it will be easier to parse the latent coupon content on Facebook timeline.
- Develop a marketplace for business for managing their offer.