Ever been confused when confronted with these bins?
- 9.1 billion tons of recyclable plastic is produced worldwide every year
- 79% of plastic produced will ultimately reside in a landfill
- Only 9% of plastic is recycled
The Solution: A garbage classification application and website powered by image recognition through machine learning and neural networks.
How 0waste works
- Open the 0waste web app
- Take a picture of a piece of garbage
- Get garbage classification and use the correct bin to save the planet!
Stage 1: ✅ Garbage classification through image recognition app
This serves as both a proof of concept, and assists users to correctly recycle/compost trash that usually goes to the landfill.
Stage 2: Build a garbage can with automatic landfill, compost, and recycling sorting
This eliminates the burden on the user to pick the correct bin and guarantees sorted garbage.
Stage 3: Partner with trash collection facilities to build an automated sorting machine
This further eliminates the burden on the user to have sorted garbage.