Demo 1 - User enters Access Code.
User Wallet with HACK token
User scans token of Merchant 1 - Caterer (user must use access code to sign-in before scanning)
User scanned Caterer QR code, which adds it as a contact
Payment is ready to be sent
Problem & Solution
User Workflow 2: Pay merchant
User Workflow 1: Access hot wallet
Tokens & Roles: Organizer, Users, Merchants
Event Organizer Workflow
Merchant 2 - Bar (user must use access code to sign-in before scanning)
Merchant 3 - Hotel (user must use access code to sign-in before scanning)
Branded event payment token and voucher system:
- with prepaid vouchers for each participant
- merchant accounts
- payment system to send/receive tokens
What it does
Create a new token to be used as currency. Using “Stellar” as DLT payment network and “Blue Orion Smart Contract Library”. An ecosystem can be created with Event Organizer (asset issuer), user/attendee, merchants.
Blue Orion provides a smart contract library which enables voucher management.
The Stellar network provides the decentralized payment system which enables transactions within 2-5 seconds.
Form to enter voucher access code (publicnet)
HACK issuer Public Key: GB7PK2SL2SAC2U3GW5K6PRMUKOWQHUC3V43YH2H7DYQ3KHH4Y2HE4LEE
--- User Account 1: GCLWYIWKBLTNJYTLSEPNFRFPTD3VUMIFHUF6P2TTM3BYVERKEZPDTH5L
--- User Account 2: GDODI5IOGJLD67SEZB4CBW3YAOJPVBGMRE7QBQFIBB3GIH643TPQLQTR
--- Merchant Account 1 (Catering): GCGJUAXXD3NFGHP56AFGTWFR3G5CSXOGYK5QGMYLZQY2KXLY2UVG3FZG
--- Merchant Account 2 (Bar): GDCWI4SNDAC7X6KPNCJQNKI5OZRCQ3VKHJGKFDDNELX4FRCB2IR6OPHX
--- Merchant Account 3 (Hotel): GCHAQ2LDUUEF5ONQRBPH4ARBQSONUMMFGESKMLWKBQTCU2J6UQP46PCV
So, far we’ve developed the following value-added features, which are live on our site, blueorion.cc:
- Non-Custodial Wallet: manage all your Stellar-based tokens, including with SMART tokens, Blue Orion’s very own crypto-asset, with History, Send
- MyKeys: lets you monitor a KeyList, a set of public keys and their balance, from a static URL
- Timed Transactions: schedule future payments on specific dates
- Recurring Payments: send payments daily, weekly, or monthly
- MyContacts: Assign names to public keys.
- MultiSend: enables bulk token distribution and scheduling by CSV/XLSX upload
- Vouchers: redeem a 5-digit code to get a wallet pre-funded with XLM & SMART tokens
- Proof of Existence: validate integrity of intellectual property by a hash on Stellar blockchain Developers using Blue Orion blockchain services platform will be able to integrate the above features into their applications without spending valuable time on infrastructure development.
What we built during the hackathon:
- Ability to create Access Codes to wallets for organizers, users, and merchants.
- Creation of HACK token on Stellar network. HACK issuer Public Key: GB7PK2SL2SAC2U3GW5K6PRMUKOWQHUC3V43YH2H7DYQ3KHH4Y2HE4LEE
- Creation of wallets
- QR codes for Merchants and Users to obtain and access their wallet
- Ability for server to connect to data in QR codes
- Ability for parties (users & merchants) to enter Access Codes to enter their wallet
- KeyList for public monitoring off all addresses
How we built it
We are using Stellar protocol and Blue Orion Smart Contracts built on their API which supplies second layer infrastructure to make building for this use case simple and fast.
Challenges we ran into
We were trying to do a more generalized currency but we ran into an issue with fiat on-ramp/off-ramp.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Getting a full-circle payment ecosystem up and running.
What we learned
Creating fiat on-ramps/off ramps complicates technology is a challenge.
What's next for Blue Orion
Our project’s mission is to provide a B2B platform for developers to use as second layer infrastructure to accelerate development timelines and to ease implementation of the Stellar network thanks to out-of-the-box API services designed for the most common payments use cases.
Blue Orion wants to provide everything developers need to build and deliver fully functional financial applications built on Stellar protocol.
Next, our objectives are:
- To develop the features listed above into a publicly available REST API
- To write proper documentation for developers to understand and use the APIs, including video tutorials